What is a Micro-market?
- A convenience store set-up without a cashier behind the counter.
- Formally defined, a micro market is a custom designed vending market or mart with a self-checkout kiosk
- One that provides freshly prepared lunches, healthy snacks and drinks that employees can purchase.
How it works!
- Simply put, customers check themselves out, and have hundreds of product options to choose from.
- Patrons select the items they want from a variety of familiar racks and merchandisers, and bring them to a self-checkout touchscreen kiosk.
- This guides them through the checkout process.
- It recognizes each item, displays the prices and the total, and accepts payment.
- The kiosk is equipped with an optical scanner that reads UPC barcodes on each product.
- Patrons can pay with their debit, credit card, or a Market Card we provide to all of the employees.
- Patrons can add value to the cards at the kiosk that accepts cash, debit, or credit cards.
- You can look at your account from a computer at home and see what products you spent your money on, how many calories, etc..
If you’d liike to see why people are choosing Micro-markets over conventional vending, please call us at (800) 826-3961.